KORFIL Inserts are individually molded of expandable polystyrene and designed to fit standard two (2) core masonry units of 6, 8, 10 and 12-inch widths for use in both single wythe and cavity wall construction. Inserts are preinstalled at the block plant prior to delivery on the job site. In addition to nearly doubling the insulating characteristics of a masonry wall.
• Eliminate the need for on-site labor to insulate masonry walls.
• Do not deteriorate in insulation R-value with moisture or aging.
• Allow space within the cores for the escape of moisture. This space also allows for easy installation of utilities within the wall.
• Can be handled by masons just as easily as uninsulated blocks.
• Are cost-competitive when compared to the various other methods used to insulate concrete blocks.
• Have no effect on the fire rating of conventional concrete block walls.
• Improve both the dewpoint and sound transmission resistance of ordinary concrete blocks.